Relationships are everything at First Workings. We partner closely with companies, schools, and sponsors to provide an incredibly supportive and enriching experience for our young people.
Internship and Mentorship Partners
Join First Workings in its mission to help our students gain social capital and workplace readiness skills through paid internships and virtual mentorships. Commit to hosting an intern for two weeks this summer, or join our community of mentors!
What our Internship Partners are Saying
Looking back on it, I thought I was doing First Workings a favor. But it turns out that having First Workings as part of our summer, really, did us a […]CEO from Doyle Fund Management
It was refreshing to have high school students so engaged and attentive, and willing to work hard.Supervisor from RAND Engineering
Our intern was very flexible with her time and dedicated to her work assignments while she was here. We relied on her for very helpful insights and feedback on projects […]Supervisor from Beneville Studios
Our intern was a pleasure to work with. She is highly motivated with an unlimited amount of potential. My experience was wholeheartedly fulfilling.Supervisor from Mount Sinai
Our intern surprised us with the speed at which she completed projects. We had a hard time keeping up with her. With very little direction she was able to absorb […]Supervisor from Doyle Fund Management
Our intern had a very willing attitude at all times. She was not afraid to ask questions; completed assignments on time; was willing to learn new software applications; always maintained […]Supervisor from Herrick, Feinstein
Paid Summer Internships & Virtual Mentorships
Join us in expanding our interns’ horizons by becoming a First Workings Internship Partner. We partner with companies across various industries to provide our young people with incredible summer internship opportunities. Here’s what a First Workings internship entails:
- Companies are matched with interns who have expressed an interest in their industry/ career
- Companies pay interns minimum wage for the two-week internship period
- Internships can be structured as:
- immersion in a single area or rotations in multiple departments and roles
- learning through shadowing and/or project-based work
- Interns are exposed to professional work environment and a typical working day
- Interns have the opportunity to meet with an executive at conclusion of the internship
- Companies have the choice to extend the internship period beyond 2 weeks, if desired
Another way corporate partners can engage with First Workings students is through our virtual summer mentorship program, which was put in place as a result of the COVID19 pandemic. Mentors have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with First Workings students, provide insights into their professional careers, while promoting their industry and work to a talented group of diverse students.
- Mentors are matched with interns who have expressed an interest in their industry or career
- Mentors commit to three meetings over the course of three months, June, July and August
- First Workings Provides Mentorship Structure and Resources:
- June: SMART Goal Setting
- July: College and Career Pathways
- August: Mock Interviewing
- Students earn a stipend of up to $500
- Corporate Partners have the opportunity to sponsor a student stipend, if they choose
For more information about becoming a First Workings Internship or Mentorship Partner, or about partnering with First Workings in other ways, fill out the form below or contact Yasmin Sanders-Fathi at [email protected] or 646.619.1207.