The Executive Director is responsible for all day-to-day operations, ensuring that our mission is translated into tangible successes for the entire community. The Executive Director works closely with the Founder and Chairman, the Board of Directors, and key leaders in schools and corporate partners to have a clear idea of, and input into, our vision. The Executive Director makes that vision a reality by hiring and coaching a great team, collaborating to managing all aspects of the program, and designing for the future. This person has a rare skill set that balances operational excellence, passion for the students, a love of communication, and sets an example of positivity for everyone that believes in our mission.
- Oversee the success of the First Workings program
- Maintain a climate that attracts and retains a talented and diverse staff
- Manage and develop First Workings staff
- Represent First Workings in relationships with schools, corporations, and our students.
- Prepare agendas, reports, and materials for board meetings
- Experience as executive director in a small non-profit organization
- Experience in a public-facing role with a youth education services organization, demonstrating an ability to interact with schools, students and employers
- Bachelor’s degree, with a specialization or demonstrated interest in social services or education required. A master’s degree in a relevant field is desired.